- Location: Kent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2470SB
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Dec 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Fleet Manager to join their team. This position could have a base location of Harrietsham, Castle Donington, Billericay or Doncaster.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Fleet Manager to join the HSEQ team. The role is a full time, permanent position. The base location would be any of the offices. The role will cover UK travel to all sites.
The role will take on full responsibility for the fleet of vehicles. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a fleet based role and be able to demonstrate understanding of running a safe, efficient and compliant fleet of vehicles
Role and Responsibilities
Compliance & fleet maintenance
• Compliance and maintenance of fleet of 100+ vehicles
• Maintain/Improve accreditation to FORS (currently Bronze status) in 2 sites and implement FORS accreditation across the remaining divisions.
• Manage any audit requirements on Fleet
• Monitor and act on any Fines incurred, drivers’ hours and infringements with all branch managers
• Coordinating all vehicle breakdowns with 3rd party suppliers
• Understand fleet insurance negotiations and claims
• Review monthly Fuel reports as sent by Allstar
• Review and act upon any information contained within Masternaut (Vehicle system) to clearly identify to the business any misuse of Fuel cards or other related vehicle benefits
• Work with Branch managers for any reward schemes for good driving behavior
• Manage drivers on repeat bad driving incidents
• Record and manage all training required to meet compliant and business standards, including the management of operatives not keeping up with the relevant training
• To complete and maintain relevant FORS professional development training for Managers
• To set Personal Development Plans and organise FORS professional management training for regional admin staff with day to day supervisory roles in vehicle management
• To advise Grey Fleet drivers on company driving policies and standards and to ensure all grey fleet vehicle records are maintained
• To develop and maintain all company driving procedures and standards
• To aid the Branch Managers with the recruitment of operatives to qualify driving experience
• Responsible for all driving assessments, including but not limited to the induction process as defined by HR
Finance & Administration
• Monitor and advise Directors/CEO on all service level agreements
• Negotiate all vehicle lease deals and work closely with Fleet Alliance to make sure the business is commercially advantageous in this area
• Where appropriate manage all vehicle purchasing
• Negotiate all Oil and Adblue purchasing on behalf of the Company and manage delivery and stock at Branch
• Liaise with Front line departments for any fleet related matters
• Plan periodical transport meetings and updates to business as appropriate
• Authorise all vehicle related invoices up to the value of £3k
• Liaise with and work with the Finance & Payroll Manager to understand all Fleet financial information generated at month end
• Any other adhoc responsibilities that may occur during day to day business
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.