- Location: Leeds
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1858SO
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 16th Jun 2017
We are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our clients, a car rentals company based in Leeds, who are currently seeking a Fleet Controller (Damage) to join their team.
Focusing on the area of damage to provide support to Assistant Fleet Manager to maximise department profitability, through monitoring of cost control and vehicle downtime whilst delivering high levels of customer service. To ensure all damage caused both internally and externally is accounted for and recharged to the end user in a fair, transparent way following internal process and ensuring all customer SLA’are met. Also monitoring, reporting and maximising relationships with all third-party damage repairers.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Fleet Manager, ensure that the rental fleet is managed in line with damage processes and procedures and within operational guidelines. Responsible for controlling and monitoring all vehicle related costs within agreed budgets. Review all vehicle downtime to ensure that repairs are conducted in the most cost effective and efficient manner. Provide support & assistance to ensure that Fleet achieves agreed P & L targets and operates within department predefined budgets.
The role will require, positive, professional communication with all stakeholders including, the branches, quality controller, branch manager, drivers, customers, bodyshops and insurance companies
Communicate effectively and professionally with all internal and external customers whilst delivering a high level of service. Assist management in any reasonable task as deemed necessary.
· Liaise with suppliers/repairers to review daily all vehicles currently VOR (Vehicle off road) to ensure all necessary and available actions are taken to minimise vehicle downtime.
· Issue order numbers for repairs where appropriate, agreeing costs with repairer to ensure vehicles are repaired in the most cost-effective manner
· Review all damage notifications presented at off hire to cost recharges to end user accordingly.
· Review and administer customer queries relating to damage notification recharges, ensuring resolution in a timely manner and maintaining a profit in repair costs.
· Review all supplier invoice queries on a regular basis to ensure all are resolved in a timely manner.
· Run scheduled daily/weekly/monthly reports e.g RFL, MOT, Service, Breakdown etc, and ensure all necessary actions taken to maintain fleet in line with company policy and procedures
· Conduct a monthly audit of Tracker Asset Register to ensure records are maintained accurately and all vehicles have the correct trackers fitted and working in line with company policy and procedures
· Conduct a monthly audit of Motor Insurance Database (MID) to ensure all Vehicles are registered correctly to meet with legal requirements.
· Responsible for ensuring fleet operate in a cost-effective manner in order to operate within budgets and to meet all P&L targets on a monthly basis.
· Liaise closely and effectively with Fleet Administrator to ensure all tasks are followed up to completion
· Organised, capable of working on own initiative and managing workloads to deadlines and prioritise accordingly. Ability to assess vehicle and identify most efficient method of repair. Be familiar with BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear policy. Must possess a full clean driving licence.
· Must have experience of working within a workshop/repair environment and understand repair process, and have a technical knowledge of vehicles
· Ideally worked within a similar fleet management role and/or environment
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online in the first instance for immediate consideration. Alternatively, please send your CV directly to Sharon@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.