- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2515SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 24th Jan 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
The role will utilise the Company’s core values of teamwork, customer service and commercial responsibility to deliver high quality financial information needed to manage the business. To achieve this the successful candidate must be a team player and develop a strong finance team with robust financial processes and systems that allow the production of repeatable and consistent information.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
• The leadership and management of the Finance team to create a coherent team that develops a business partnering ethos throughout the Company.
• To develop and enhance the capability of individuals through coaching, training and active development increasing the resilience of the Finance team
• Proactively develop business modules of the ERP system using the principle of single point data entry with the production of good quality reporting.
• Preparation and completion of the monthly Board pack to the agreed timetable.
• Completion of statutory accounts, audit and reporting.
• Compliance with all tax returns and submissions.
• Completion and maintenance of the payrolls.
• Maintenance and development of an effective costing system.
• Annual budget process to meet the Groups strategic plans.
• Support the maintenance of the pension scheme records and financial statements.
• Management and control of the credit facilities including cash collections payment and management.
• To drive continuous improvement in management information.
• Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
• Process and systems skills set to drive change through the organisation whilst maintaining empathy with all stakeholders.
• The ability to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines in an open style and as a team player.
• Proven experience in a similar role managing change development in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining Management Information systems is essential.
• Ability in producing reports and ensuring common and consistent data sets.
• Excellent knowledge of information and cost issues in a manufacturing environment.
• Qualified accountant with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
• In-depth understanding of UK reporting, and compliance regulations is essential.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office E-mail, Word and PowerPoint.
• At least expert level at Excel.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of ERP systems including the ability to extract information.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to lead a team by example.
• Evidence of the ability to “make a difference”.
• Comfortable interacting and influencing personnel across the Company at all levels.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.