Field Service Engineer
- Location: Midlands
- Salary: £35-40k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2794JM
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Aug 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Field Service Engineer to strengthen their team. This position has the responsibility for installing and servicing high performance slicing equipment at the customer facilities.
• You will deliver outstanding technical field service to our customers.
• You will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, remote and site support on highly advanced electrical/PLC/Pneumatic and Servo controlled systems.
• When not travelling to customer site, you will be "home" office based, calling on customers and supporting a 24/7 technical support operation.
• You will travel from time to time to the United States to support the US service operation during busy periods and for training and other functions that are assigned to your role.
• You will perform on-site equipment demonstrations in a professional manner.
• For your initial introduction and training you will travel with our experienced field service engineers to customer sites.
• An engineering trade degree or equivalent hands-on experience.
• We are a 100% Allen Bradley systems integrator, so experience on PLC, Servo and Powerflex VFD drives is preferred but not essential, as training will be provided.
• Good working knowledge of Windows Operating system and Embedded software systems.
• Minimum of two years electrical, mechanical and pneumatic diagnostic experience.
• Field Service experience is preferred but not essential as training will be given.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English. A knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish, would be advantageous.
• Self-motivated and assertive individual who has the ability of working on their own or as part of a small technical team.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.