Fabricator / Plater
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2485AH
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th Jan 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Fabricator / Plater to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to work within the ship repair and engineering team in the Gt Yarmouth facility. The core business is supporting our client’s requirements in marine engineering, fabrication and mechanical maintenance on vessels and various onshore assets.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
• The Fabricator is fully responsible for familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area/s of responsibility.
• Shall ensure that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
• Shall ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
• Shall ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
• Shall ensure that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
• Carry out HSEQ inspections as required.
• Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
• Shall ensure that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their Line Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary function will be as fabricator with an additional secondary role in supporting the mechanical fitting scopes when required, welding and other functions to meet the requirements of the mixed variety of work scopes managed by this division
• Assist in the assessment of work scopes and identification of material requirements
• Read drawings to ensure that steel is cut to specification and projects are accurately assembled and Ensure that plating is carried out to the specification
• Cut steel where competent to do so
• Assembly of fabrication work to pass to welders for final assembly
• Maintain steel stock and consumables
• Ensure competencies of subcontractors are maintained
• Use the appropriate equipment when required to do so in a safe and efficient manner.
• Competent to utilise equipment
• Working with colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are met
• Behaving in a professional and productive manner.
• Meeting objectives set by the company.
• Willingness to take on new challenges and ensure individual competency
Qualification and Experience
• Fabrication and welding experience
• Trade time served
• Some mechanical and hydraulic experience would be an advantage
• Confined space and working at heights are required but training will be provided in this and other operational needs
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.