Extruder Operator & Alpma Operator
- Location: Thetford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp
- Reference: PS2176SS
- Sector: Cleaning
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Apr 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, a manufacturer of cleaning products, who are currently seeking an Extruder Operator & Alpma Operator to join their production team on an ongoing temporary contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To offer support and guidance to line team
· To safely stop and start machine as required
· To ensure that correct materials are being used for each order
· Ensure card magazine is always topped up with the necessary cards for continuity of production
· To monitor input and to stop the machine if the supply is not continuous
· Ensure product quality is maintained through visual checking and reject any substandard products and ensure quality products are bought to the attention of the area leader.
· Hand feed products at the rate required, ensuring blocks are correctly positioned
· Ensure feed belts are completely emptied before change-overs
· To clear and re-start the machine in the event of a jam-up
· If the machine is down, assist in packing off any accumulated stock
· Advise Area Leader and/or Engineering in the event of a machine malfunction
· To ensure that the line and work area are cleared of previous products and packaging, where necessary, prior to a change over
· Ensure housekeeping is maintained to the required standards
· To assist in the smooth and efficient running of the machine
· Represent the department during any customer visits or audits in a professional manner.
· Due to the nature of the role, must have a flexible approach to break times
· Carry out any work as may be reasonably required by production.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your full details directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.