Engineering Shift Team Leader
- Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2449JG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 16th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking an Engineering Shift Team Leader to join their team based in Stowmarket.
This role will be working on a shift basis alternating between Monday to Friday 6am-2pm and Monday to Friday 2pm-10pm.
This major FMCG manufacturing organisation are a highly reputable company with a significant product portfolio which they supply to leading organisations within the UK, so you can be sure of stability and an exciting future.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the Site Engineering Team responsible for coordination of a small engineering team working a shift pattern. You will ensure an effective and efficient service is delivered and departmental targets are achieved. You will agree priorities and co-ordinate resources carrying out maintenance activities that are planned, predictive and responsible to process stoppages. With your team, and across other shift teams, you will identify and contribute to improvement activities for the engineering department. You will ensure that all engineering activities are promptly and accurately recorded, and all maintenance inventory is controlled in line with requirements. You will also be a pro-active member of the call-out rota to provide 24/7 cover.
• Have a proven engineering background with a wide range of electrical and mechanical experience. Electrical bias is preferred but not essential.
• Be experienced in leading a team of engineers or working shift patterns as part of a focussed team.
• Have experience of SAP Maintenance Module. This is preferable but not essential.
• Be willing to take calls and attend site out of core hours.
• Have the ability to communicate with clarity, both verbally and in written form.
• Exercise considerable initiative and resourcefulness to enable the team to complete activities.
• Have experience of cGxP requirements within the food industry.
• Be committed to excellent customer service.
• Plant and equipment safety, availability and effectiveness are the focus for engineering maintenance activities.
If you want to work for an organisation that really values its staff with great scope for fast career progression, then please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.