Electrical Design Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Contract
- Reference: PS2692EM
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th May 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a temporary 3-6 month contract. Our clients are a small friendly design office with a variety of bespoke industrial x-ray inspection equipment design projects ongoing, also are ISO 9001 certified.
• Working from in house or customer specification, develop a concept Electrical design.
• Calculate electrical requirements for the equipment including any motor, brake, actuator or other machinery requirements.
• Coordinate electro-mechanical system requirements with the Head of Design/Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/s
• Identify and select most economical and suitable proprietary equipment to fulfil the specified product requirements.
• Produce block diagram and layout drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Present block diagram and layout for review.
• Produce electrical design drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Produce electrical assembly drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Produce parts lists and bills of material using Excel Spreadsheets.
• Issue detailed design drawings for manufacture. (Either to sub-contract for pricing, or internally for in house manufacture).
Control System design
• Develop operational control concepts for process equipment
• Select appropriate PLC device based on specified requirements
• Produce I/O list for PLC
• Design PLC ladder logic
• Code PLC ladder logic
• Test & debug PLC ladder logic
• Produce PLC code documentation
• Maintain revision control of documents, drawings and parts lists in accordance with company procedures.
• Produce quote drawings for presentation to customers.
Design Risk Assessment
• Responsible for inherent safety of the electrical design.
• Input to design risk assessments on an ongoing basis for all equipment design.
Operation & Maintenance manuals
• Produce or contribute to operation and maintenance manuals as necessary. Especially for custom systems.
• Provide help and assistance with manufacturing and assembly problems of electrical systems.
• Resolve design problems found during manufacturing and assembly.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.