Electrical Design Engineer
- Location: Staines
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2595JN
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 25th Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team based in Staines.
This role will be to conduct design of equipment that interfaces our DSP-based hydraulic control system to external electrical systems, which includes hydraulic pumps, motors, sensors, solenoids, emergency stops etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering and design of electrical systems, which are connected to single phase or three phase mains supply.
• Design of Emergency Stop and other safety systems including guard switches.
• Design of cable, wire harness, and other interconnects.
• Specify a wide range of components that meet the project requirements (such as motors including soft-starters).
• Design and specify electrical equipment enclosures.
• Responsible for drawing electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and creating bills of materials for customer projects using CAD (SEE Electrical).
• Liaise with a small multi-function team of mechanical, electronic, software and hydraulic engineers.
• Understand and supervise the implementation of the latest Electrical and Wiring standards.
• Communicate with suppliers to assist the Purchasing department.
• Help with testing and debugging of equipment.
• Create procedures and documents to support the implementation of electrical equipment.
• Communicate with customers to understand their specific electrical requirements.
• Some travel to work on site at customer projects at home and abroad.
Skills and Experience:
• Drawing schematics/diagrams using CAD
• Machine System Design
• Emergency Stop and Safety circuits
• Motor Controllers and Soft-starters
• Mains switchgear
• Relay circuits including special functions such as timer, latching etc
• 3 Phase mains supplies
• PLC Programming
• Mechanical design of enclosures
• International Electrical and Wiring Standards
• Practical electrical assembly
• HNC or above in Electrical Engineering
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.