- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2459AH
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 29th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Distribution Operator to join their team based in Norwich.
To ensure that all distribution activities are carried out to the daily plan efficiently and on time.
To pack and despatch Production, Service, Demo and Comark units as required in a timely manner.
To be responsible for picking and packing products from the Comark distribution area. Ensuring that orders are packed and shipped out as per the customers request date.
To be responsible for all aspects of shipments for the Norwich Operations range of products driving to 95% OTD to ensure total customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical - Safety/ 5S
• To be a known packer for aviation security compliance.
• To be competent in the use of packing equipment and apply safety precautions relevant to the machines and processes used.
• To operate the fork lift apparatus safely and in accordance with instructions and training.
• To ensure that the distribution factory is kept clean and tidy and that all walkways through and within the warehouse are kept clear for fire access at all times.
• To pack all production and service products against specification and work instructions to ensure appropriate quality standards are met.
• To ensure that all incoming deliveries are checked for physical damage and any such deliveries are retained in ‘awaiting inspection’ area until cleared.
• Cover the raising/processing of paperwork in respect of Worldwide shipments, IPR returns and Export Licence processes.
• To have a sound working knowledge of all packing procedures used in the company relevant to the job, including computer systems.
• To ensure that all orders received in the warehouse by the agreed time are picked, packed and despatched the same day and all relevant documentation is accurately completed and filed on the same day as despatch.
• To monitor, control and order all packing materials used in the packing process. Ensure that usage is tracked when not used for production units.
• Raising/Processing all paperwork (invoicing etc) with respect of Export shipments.
• Cover the raising /processing all paperwork in respect of the consol Shipment to the USA.
• Ensure KB process discipline is maintained.
• Highlight times when excessive inventory is perceived.
• To assist with large deliveries, using specialist equipment (eg forklift) when required.
• Ensure shipping costs are reduced by always ensuring the best shipping method is used. Highlight potential savings.
• Always look for improvement opportunities in daily activities and raise these opportunities so that they can be actioned.
• Ensure DM and scorecards are maintained throughout the day.
• Carry out any other legitimate tasks on behalf of the company as required by the Distribution Team leader/ Supervisor from time to time.
• Abide by all Company policies and procedures, e.g. accounting, purchasing, quality, personnel and training.
• Abide by fire regulations, and ensure you are familiar with the procedure to follow in the event of smoke or fire.
• Undertake all other reasonable tasks which will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
• Ensure a smart and professional company image is maintained in all dealings with customers, suppliers and any other outside contacts.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.