- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2468SO
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Dec 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Distribution Administrator to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
This role will be to ensure the smooth operation of the distribution process resulting in meeting customer expectations within target costs.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To plan and arrange shipments to achieve the most cost effective result considering customer delivery requirements.
• To undertake the tasks necessary to support the Company’s transport and distribution processes, ensuring the efficient delivery of product to customers.
• To prepare appropriate documentation to allow shipments to take place.
• To support in the task to create and sustain a zero-harm environment.
• To provide advice to the Sales & Marketing Department on the best transport principals.
• To work closely with the Packing Department to ensure the most efficient and appropriate packing methods are used relative to the type of shipment.
• To liaise with customers and other internal departments regarding despatch of customer orders, and to provide the necessary information and documentation as required.
• To liaise with all other departments that may request a shipping and despatch service.
• Accurate and timely preparation of packing lists from respective information sources and delivery of these to the relevant teams.
• To collate information from returned packing documentation to provide an accurate record of packed orders.
• Accurate and timely update of business systems where required.
• To control distribution and associated routines of spare parts, warranty items and other miscellaneous despatches.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to work as part of a team.
• Responsible, organised and pro-active with a good eye for detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt style as required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Equivalent experience within a related role would be advantageous.
• Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Educated to minimum A Level/BTEC/NVQ Level 3 or above or equivalent experience gained in a similar role.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to deliver high standards of accuracy in a timely manner.
• Customer focus – internal and external.
Previous experience within a similar role to what you desire would be advantageous.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.