- Location: Diss
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2665SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st May 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Design Engineer to join their Technical Department based in Diss.
Responsible for delivering designs on time, to budget and to required specification. Taking ownership of designs throughout lifecycle from concept to completion. Producing general arrangement drawings, manufacturing drawings, build/lift plans and BoM’s.
• To use existing components/designs where possible to improve project overheads
• Positively contribute to the process of continuous improvement and value engineering of standard components for bespoke design.
• Develop parametric models for some of the most common bespoke designs to offer semi-standard solutions and reduce design lead times.
• To assist in all areas of production to solve any queries/issues raised
• With the use of Autodesk Inventor produce full 3D models of the product solution
• To produce sets of general arrangement drawings to be sent for customer approval
• Ensure that designs are suitable by calculating structural requirements of frame and glass
• To prepare product for manufacture by producing full sets of drawings and bill of materials
• Attend site installations/surveys where necessary
• Assist other departments with any technical queries (provide product support and technical advice service on bespoke designs to the sales, project management and estimating departments.)
• To work closely with the Lead Design Engineer and Bespoke Design Manager to ensure innovative and successful project solutions.
• Liaise with clients where necessary to discuss design/technical queries
• Other tasks as reasonably required
• Reports to the Bespoke Design Manager
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.