- Location: Aberdeen
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2413NB
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Design Engineer to join their team based in Aberdeen.
Due to our commitment of providing exceptional inspection solutions to the Oil and Gas industry, AISUS is looking to recruit a Design Engineer. Assisting with the development of innovative technology and remote access inspection tooling, the Design Engineer will be at the core of specialist equipment concepts and designs for clients.
AISUS pioneer remote inspection technologies, providing our clients with answers to their integrity challenges through our safe, professional and constructive approach. We are driven by a commitment to provide the best inspection solution for often challenging operational environments.
• Production of 2D/3D part drawings and assemblies
• Production of manufacturing drawings
• Liaison with 3rd party fabrication companies
• Procurement of parts/equipment
• Assembly and testing of new tools and equipment
• Producing animations of tools and equipment for marketing purposes
• Take responsibility for professional development by continuously improving personal and technical skills.
• Keep personal knowledge of engineering science and technology up-to-date
• To actively contribute to the safe operation of the company
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant degree (BEng/BSc minimum), or equivalent industry experience
• 5 years minimum experience in the use of 3D CAD packages
• Previous inspection tooling design background Good understanding of mechanical systems
• Appreciation of electro-mechanical design
• Knowledge of NDT methods and techniques (desirable)
COMPETENCE AND SKILLS:
• Creation of parts and assemblies in AutoDesk Inventor
• Management of design drawings
• IT Literate in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Ability to plan and manage tasks to set deadlines
• Competent in producing and interpreting engineering drawings
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.