Delivery Driver / Site Operative
- Location: Diss
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2507SB
- Sector: Agriculture
- Vacancy First Advertised: 29th Jan 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Delivery Driver / Site Operative to join their team based in Diss. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the operation of the site to meet the commercial requirements of the individual business units whilst maximising efficiency and upholding quality, health, safety and environmental standards. The successful candidate will be required to cover the delivery team for absence and planned holidays.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a full driving licence and an ability to work with a wide range of equipment and machinery. This role requires a flexible approach to working hours during peak season.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with the company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
• Plan efficient and cost effective routes to deliver product within agreed timescales
• Ensure daily checks are carried out and routine vehicle inspection forms are completed and submitted
• Maintain the delivery vehicle and ensure it is clean and tidy both internally and externally
• To ensure all records either hard copy or digital are maintained correctly and submitted to the transport office as required
• Prepare loads for delivery
• Transport product from the crop protection store and deliver to customer premises
• Ensure a professional image is maintained at all times when representing the company
• Assist in all operations across the site as directed by the site management team
• Ensure general housekeeping and hygiene of the site is maintained to a high level
• Operate site vehicles / forklift / loading shovels etc. in a safe and correct manner
• Supervise the storage of bulk grains, oilseeds and pulses
• Operate the weighbridge
• Comply with company procedures and customer requirements regarding drying, cleaning, grading and storage operations in order to produce desired levels of product quality and service.
• Keep records as required by Quality Assurance or any relevant government legislation
• Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently at times without supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Good time management skills
• A flexible approach to working hours specifically in peak periods
• Ability to work towards deadlines
• Category C License – essential
• Category C + E Licence (desirable)
• Counterbalance, Fork Lift licence (desirable)
• Current ADR licence (desirable)
• Driver CPC (desirable)
• BASIS storekeeper qualification an advantage but full training will be given.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.