Credit Control & Accounts Assistant
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp / Perm
- Reference: PS2453SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 23rd Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Credit Control & Accounts Assistant to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis with an initial 9 month contract based in Great Yarmouth.
• This is a key role for the company and requires a flexible accounts assistant with primarily the following responsibilities.
• Maintenance of sales ledger, including issue of invoices, statements, liaising with customers for “on time” payment of amounts due, assisting in resolving customer issues.
• Maintenance of cash flow model for sales receipts- a key tool used in the business.
• Providing support to purchase ledger function and other accounting roles within the department
• Timely collection of outstanding debts, to be measured by performance targets and objectives. Forming professional working relationship with customer contacts, working proactively to ensure “on time” settlement. Follow strict procedures laid down by key customers to enable payment of invoices.
• Work closely as part of a team with the customer service/sales team to resolve issues and work towards timely settlement of debts.
• Preparing “live” information reports and proactively keep management up to date with significant issues as they occur.
• Maintenance of cash flow model, closely liaising with other team members to maintain a “live” cash flow tool.
• Assistance in evaluation of credit limits, particularly with regard to New Business cases, understanding the business’ total exposure and reporting thereon.
• Working with the accounts team on other duties to provide increased flexibility within the department, in particular assisting in the processing of invoices through the purchase ledger and other accounting duties.
Education / Experience:
• Essential: Numeric background and substantial practical experience in the credit control environment and general accounts functions.
• Desirable: A recognised Credit Control or accounting qualification, although experience may counteract any lack of formal qualification. Studying towards a qualification would be encouraged.
• Communication Skills – Written & Verbal, Customer Contact is a vital part of this job.
• Work Relationships, working as part of a small team and being flexible in the role.
• IT Application of Skills.
• Reliability – able to work under pressure. Maintenance of up to date information is vital.
• Enthusiastic and with a good sense of humour.
• Adherence to Policies and procedures, customer confidentiality.
• Owned by a US Nasdaq-listed company, we work within a Sarbanne Oxley environment, therefore knowledge of this environment would be advantageous, but not essential.
If this is a position you are looking for, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.