Control and Integration Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2269SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 30th Jan 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Control and Integration Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
Key Job Role Tasks:
• Work with the sales, PM and design team to scope and design projects requiring control and system integration.
• Work with the customers to define the needs for the projects
• Develop the controls and integration of Company products to the customer’s requirements using SCADA, HMI, PLC systems
• Configure serial Ethernet and radio communication networks and devices.
• Attend site to commission systems and provide scheduled maintenance and repair as required
• Work with the production team to write and program PLC systems on standard PMAP products
• Develop and document PMAP system communication and controls telemetry architecture
• Prepare list of alarms, indications, I/O points and telemetry schedules
• Design SCADA/HMI systems to allow customer control and analysis of the controlled Navaids system
• Develop requirements for the operation of Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Digital Display Meters (DDMs) and any other equipment required to fulfil the customer brief in coordination with the design team, sales team and Project Manager
• Prepare control and integration equipment lists including part numbers
• Implement QA/QC for project deliverables
• Prepare factory and site acceptance procedures
• Provide leadership from a C&I perspective on the project team
• Provide a full economic analysis of the project
• Review all drawing associated with the project and ensure they comply with the system design and the customer’s requirements
• Write and program PLC systems to control and communicate with PMAP systems in the factory
• Travel as required to both onshore and offshore customer sites for installation worldwide, commissioning and troubleshooting of PMAP systems
• Work as a liaison between the PM, Design team and factory production team on key projects
• Support operations personnel to troubleshoot problems related to PLC systems and control systems
• Comply with all PMAP EHS policies and with all customer and site related EHS policies when on site. Maintain safe working practices at all times
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in control and automation, electrical, electronic or other relevant Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in control and integration system design
• Detailed Knowledge of ATEX and IECEX regulations and requirements
• Qualified to program Allan Bradley Automation systems (additional PLC skills such as Siemens, Schneider, etc an advantage)
• Experience of creating and developing HMI, SCADA and remote control & communication Telemetry systems
• Experience with CAD packages such as AutoCAD Electrical or Inventor is desirable
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.