- Location: Thurmaston
- Salary: £30k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp
- Reference: PS2807SO
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 21st Aug 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Commercial Analyst to join their team based in Thurmaston on a temporary basis.
This role will be to provide analytical support and value add insight to the UK Bus Commercial and Marketing team to support and articulate UK level commercial performance. Conduct analysis on UK Bus initiatives and develop standardised tools, reports and methods to support analysis within OpCos.
• Support the UK Bus Pricing, Concessions and Network teams as required on modelling impacts of initiatives
• Support Marketing, Revenue Strategy and Commercial Platform directors and teams with any analysis requirements
• Support tracking of return on investment on cross-OpCo marketing activity
• Develop tools and techniques to identify and report against market potential, in both existing and new markets, using all available data sources including demographics
• Review ongoing performance of UK Bus PDR and maintain overview of rolling forecasts and balance of year requirements, highlighting areas of concern or opportunity to Regional Head of Commercial and Decision Support Analyst
• Consolidate OpCo budgets and forecasts to provide UK Bus view, summarising any variances to performance as identified by OpCos
• Support production of performance reports or presentations as required for UK Bus Commercial & Marketing leadership in conjunction with FP&A teams
• Develop tool kits to provide a standardised approach to tracking Return on Investment from commercial initiatives including, but not limited to, pricing, network changes and local marketing activity
• Support OpCo Decision Support Analysts with analysis projects and deep dives as required from time to time
• Provide support and back up for OpCo analysis in absence of Decision Support Analyst
• Provide support on standardised reporting on commercial performance, working with BI analyst and revenue strategy to continuously improve outputs
• Provide framework and standardised outputs to enable cyclical market performance reviews
• Develop and support framework and tools for rolling forecasts and budgets
• Strong commercial acumen
• High levels of analytical skills with an eye for the detail
• Highly computer literate including Excel
• Experience of modelling and tracking Return on Investment
• Able to clearly articulate recommendations and findings, verbally and written, at all levels within the organisation
• Willing to challenge the status quo and seek growth opportunities
• Experience in modelling and forecasting
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and managing many stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
• Able to see all recommendations and changes from a customer’s point of view
• Effective team player who is comfortable working on own with minimal supervision.
• Flexible in approach to work
• Analytical and problem solving
• Resilient and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Delivery-focused with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery
• Highly accurate with clear attention to detail
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.