CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator (Milling)
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2370PG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 05th Sep 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator (Milling) to join their team on a full-time permanent basis, based in Norwich.
To produce precision components from a vast range of materials from 3D CAD models and drawings with minimal supervision. Program horizontal and vertical CNC milling machines and machining centres using Edgecam software and the machine controller where necessary. Competently set and operate 3, 4and 5 axis CNC machining centres (Vertical & Horizontal). Work to tight tolerances and check your own work meets the required standard. To work on your own initiative and understand all aspects of the manufacturing process.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Fully skilled, time-served engineer/toolmaker with extensive CNC milling experience ideally with CAD/CAM programming experience
- Used to working to tight tolerances in a wide range of materials
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
- Fanuc, Heidenhain, Mazatrol and Haas machine and control experience desirable
- Able to troubleshoot machining processes and work under own initiative
- Able to train and mentor others
- Experience of working in a dynamic sub-contract machining environment
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Understands and can perform work shift and tool wear compensation / offsets
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the team
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Communicates thoughts and ideas, to co-workers and management
- Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and demonstrates effective listening skills
- To take a responsible and proactive approach to health, safety and environmental risks in relation to your own role and to control the risks or report them to the management team as appropriate
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.