CNC Programmer - Multi-Axis Milling
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2371PG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 05th Sep 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a CNC Programmer – Multi-Axis Milling, to join their team on a full-time permanent basis based in Norwich.
To create and modify CNC programmes to achieve the following:
- Production efficiencies are maximised.
- Required engineering and quality requirements are achieved, and that the program parameters are sufficiently robust enough in order to cope with varying manufacturing batch sizes.
- Developed around the most appropriate cutting tool technology.
- To achieve the applicable product cost targets.
Design machine tool fixtures that are developed around engineering best practices; facilitating operator mistake proofing and allow for ease of billet/component loading and post machining component removal.
Develop and maintain a detailed set of process instructions that define all the required setting parameters aligned to specific CNC programmes and associated machine tool fixtures.
Co-ordinate activities associated to the validation of new and modified programs and fixtures, which involves working with Production Management and Production Control functions to ensure that the applicable validation activities are appropriately scheduled and completed.
Liaise with the Manufacturing Engineering function in order to ensure that any processing constraints and processing innovations are considered during new product introduction.
Experience and Qualifications:
- An apprenticeship trained engineer or a candidate with multiple years' machining and programming experience.
- Worked extensively with multi-axis machining centres (vertical and horizontal) and it would be advantageous if they have some CNC turning centre experience.
- Experience with off line CAD/CAM software and/or Edgecam training.
- Detailed knowledge of CNC programming and associated codes.
- Understanding of various CNC languages (e.g. Mazak / ISO)
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge and understanding of modern CNC machine tools and machining principles.
- Comfortable working within an ISO 9001 controlled environment.
- Willingness to transfer knowledge, and mentor company apprentices.
This is a key role so substantial experience in the above is essential.
- Stress management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematics / numerical skills
- Understanding of business operations.
- Attention to detail.
- Speed, diligence and accuracy.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.