- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2570NB
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 12th Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a CNC Machinist to work on their night shift based in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
Our clients CNC Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery; they run the EDM, including programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Set-up a range of 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC machine tools by installing and adjusting work holding devices, tooling, spindle liners and bar feeders.
• Operate a range of 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC machine tools, ensuring that machine down time is minimised.
• Verify programs and settings using a range of measuring equipment on first articles and apply appropriate adjustments. Timely feedback to programmers on recommendations for improvement.
• Ensure component compliance in accordance with engineering drawings and quality procedures using a range of inspection equipment.
• Record daily operations on machine tools and provide operational equipment effectiveness (OEE) results daily.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the department. Improving processes and applying tools and methods from the TEOA site plan.
• Maintain and improve time standards.
• Ensure that daily maintenance is carried out as required.
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
• Observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation.
• Adhere to company procedure at all times.
• To support with any other ad-hoc tasks where required
• To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the business within Production or elsewhere as may be required.
Qualifications & specialist training/experience required
• Time served apprentice with C&G/NVQ or equivalent in mechanical engineering discipline - Desired.
• Experience working on a night shift with minimal supervision.
• Experience setting and operating 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machine tools.
• Experience of Fanuc and Mazatrol will be advantageous.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
• Experience using a range of measurement equipment.
• Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibility in an efficient manner.
• Organized and self-motivated to work with minimal supervision.
• Highest level of accuracy/attention to detail in work to ensure standards of work are exemplary with minimal defect. Never compromising trust and integrity with quality
• Excellent communication at all levels both internally within the business and with suppliers / customers.
• Fully flexible with tasks and the ability to multi-skill
• Ensure compliance with all TE policies and procedures, EHS and safety first together with delivering exception ECE
• Driving and encouraging the values and key behaviours in all actions
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.