- Location: Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2086AW
- Sector: Customer Services
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Jun 2019
We are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking Claims Handlers to join their team; working in a service centre environment. Our clients are a 24/7 service centre providing claim management to insurance companies.
Day to day operational performance of any reasonable tasks required to assist in delivery of consistent service performance for all Clients, including but not limited to; claims notification, claims deployment, return visits, invoicing and complaints.
Main Purpose of Role
• To receive Home Emergency Claims via telephone, email or specific client portals
• To deploy a Supplier from our network to each claim within the required SLA
• To ensure that every caller receives excellent customer service whether this is a customer or a supplier
• To follow through every claim so that the customer only has to make one phone call into us
• To handle and try to resolve any complaint at the first point of notification
• To be available at all times to take inbound calls or make outbound calls
• To progress chase jobs with contractors
• To work the WIP on a daily basis
• To Carry out investigatory work as needed
• Dealing with queries relating to insurance claims, repairs and failed appointments
The right candidates will have a good telephone manner with the ability to provide exceptional customer service to customers at all levels.
Full training will be provided.
• First 3 weeks during training Monday to Friday 9:00-17:30.
• After training, shift of:
Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday covering hours of 7:00-22:00. This is based on a 40 hour week.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.