Central Reservations Manager
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1855SO
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Jun 2017
We are pleased to be working with our clients, a car rental company, who are currently seeking a Central Reservations Manager to join their team based in Leeds.
Purpose of Role:
To manage and drive sales and operational performance of the reservation team. Motivating, leading and driving a high level of performance throughout the dept. Development and implementation of key strategies across the department, overseeing the strategic direction of the department and ensuring the quality, motivation and commitment of its employees contribute fully to the achievement of the company’s strategic KPI’s objectives and goals.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, full accountability for KPI’s and performance of a Central Reservations Team. Where required produce statistical data on Central Reservations performance including client dissatisfaction and key client MI where required and suggest areas where risk or opportunities exist on areas of Central Reservations function. Full responsibility for team performance and delivery of objectives relating to retail clients, website referrals and corporate client base and delivering high levels of customer service. Commercially astute with strong sales skills and be able to suggest areas of improvement based on current team performance and company performance in areas relating to Central Reservations. To coach, develop and mentor team members to improve performance and competency and ensure an appropriate succession plan is in place.
· To manage operational and sales performance of Central Reservations Team, ensuring that all referrals are handled in accordance with company policy and service standards set and that maximum conversions are achieved whilst providing a high quality of customer service. Driving sales performance and ensuring all staff perform to the highest standards in both conversion and customer service areas.
· Development of strategies and processes to increase efficiency and quality of service to both external clients and internal departments through effective liaison and communication.
· Working closely with the Commercial Team in relation to new business opportunities to ensure all service levels are met.
· To lead, manage and motivate a team of staff (including discipline) to ensure productivity and attendance levels are such as required to meet agreed performance targets. To deliver training and coaching to team members to ensure constant improvement of sales performance.
· To be effective in all internal and external communications, including production of monthly reports to include client dissatisfaction MI and key client MI. Compile reports and performance data for areas of responsibility.
· Perform specified data analysis and studies as requested, and develop ad hoc reporting in support of various initiatives. This would include suggestions and implementation of agreed objectives to increase volumes within this key sales area of the company.
· Manage admin team to ensure all daily/weekly/monthly tasks are completed in line with KPI’s, SLA’s and authorise all corporate reservation credit requests.
· To undertake any other duties consistent with this senior role.
· Confident and persuasive with the ability to negotiate and be assertive. A natural leader of people with the ability to highly motivate staff. Commercially astute with excellent communication skills both verbal and written, friendly manner organised and methodical, working unsupervised and ability to meet deadlines and targets on a regular basis. Ability to produce statistical data to demonstrate areas of improvement or team performance.
· Previous experience in a high pressure results driven environment, proven record in implementation and delivery of strategic change. Experience in managing a team of people to achieve demanding sales targets and ensure all team members are aware of sales targets and current performance and take appropriate actions as required to help achieve agreed targets.
· Previous rental experience desirable
· Resilient in nature with excellent planning and organisational skills, strong problem solving skills.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online at your earliest convenience. Alternatively, please email your CV directly to Sharon@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.