- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2375JG
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Sep 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a CAD Technician to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to contribute to the flow of work and the manpower requirements in the Design Office. Liaising with team members, customer representatives and manufacturing staff to ensure that the relevant information is available to manufacture the product
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To produce approval, fabrication and construction drawings to standard within a given programmed time.
- To assist with the implementation of Inventor drawing and modelling packages.
- To assist with the standardisation of manufactured products.
- The accurate compilation of Bills of Materials for customer specific orders and effective release to Production, ensuring that these BOM's always reflect the current supply situation.
- To ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with all Company policies, procedures and processes.
- To liaise with Sales, Project and Engineering Departments to ensure that exceptional client instructions, expectations and commercial matters are clearly advised and understood.
- Effective task management, time management and communication skills.
- Proficient with Autodesk Inventor 3D package.
- Proficient with Autodesk AutoCAD package.
- Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
- Commercial acumen.
- IT literate – MS Office (Outlook, Word, PPT and strong Excel skills).
- Strong manufacturing/engineering background.
- Good engineering and technical knowledge.
- Production of Bills of Materials.
- ERP system knowledge would be beneficial.
- Desirable – Degree/HNC in an engineering/manufacturing qualification or equivalent work experience in a related role.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.