- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2404SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 05th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Buyer to join their team on a permanent contract based in Eye, Suffolk.
This role will be to purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the Company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery ensuring continuity of supply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To purchase goods, materials and services in line with price, quality and delivery targets.
• To monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the business.
• To investigate and resolve quality non-conformances and obtain an appropriate remedial or commercial resolution.
• To undertake analysis and prepare reports as required to support the management team.
• To create and place purchase orders as required.
• To keep the ERP system up to date
• To work within the wider Manufacturing Team offering assistance and support when required.
• To maintain, in conjunction with colleagues, stock control systems for assigned materials.
• To ensure adequate material stocks are held to meet the needs of the business at minimum stocking cost.
• To develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors as appropriate.
• To support the development of the purchase ordering and goods receiving procedures to ensure compliance with relevant ISO procedures.
• To contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• Ability to deliver objectives by agreed deadlines.
• Commercial acumen.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office E-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good administrative skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Minimum 2 years proven work experience gained within a procurement role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A background of procuring raw materials and indirect services in either a manufacturing or engineering environment.
• ERP System Purchasing and Inventory Management (ideally experience within an Epicor ERP environment).
• Ideally CIPS qualified level 3.
• A level educated.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• Customer focus – internal and external.
• Initiative and drive.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to lead a team by example.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.