Business Development Manager
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2424SO
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 24th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team on a full time permanent basis based in Norwich.
The Business Development Manager is accountable for undertaking extensive international marketing visits to support the growth of the company. This will involve conducting high level market research, establishing localised relationships with potential new partners and work in line with a focus plan for growth. The main focus is to ensure all new opportunities are maximised in shortest possible time and all stakeholders are closely managed.
• Accountable for identifying and maximising new business opportunities where the company can grow, this will include initial market research and establishing new localised partnerships, as well as compiling and working to a focus plan in line with the global strategy
• The candidate will be accountable for undertaking extensive international marketing visits to support any new business venture and be responsible for stakeholder relationship development and management, therefore excellent pre trip preparation and planning is essential. In addition, you will assist the sales team with retaining current business through our established customer network.
• Provide support to assist with budgeting and forecasting as well as maintaining a good understanding of the current market potential and provide detailed performance management feedback to the team
• You will be expected to provide impeccable customer service to our partners & clients and contribute to the development of strategic plans with our clients
• Responsible for any initial market led regional expansion research and compilation of business cases, but also ensure all due diligence is completed for any new base setups and support the marketing of any new venture with our customer network
• Responsible with gaining all tenders that are on offer in the business sector and support the commercial aspects and consult in the bid/no bid process. Be informed of bid statuses and support any post bid follow up with clients
• You will be expected to host, where required, any corporate events, support with organisation and management as well as being prepared to present at any relevant industry forums to help promote the company
• Be consulted in relation to internal and external audits
• Be consulted with on producing and updating company presentations, brochures and handouts and management of giveaways
• Consult with the Marine Assurance team in matters relating to reactive and active monitoring where necessary
• Support the Quality Assurance Team with new processes and procedures and consult on continual improvement opportunities
• Support the Delivery team where necessary with operational coordination, enquiries and debt chasing
Other Taks / General
• Ensure a general understanding of other areas of the business
• Ability to travel globally
• Ensure compliance with company SHEQ policies and procedures
• Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required
Qualifications, Behaviours and Experience
• Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, and enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making
• Natural ability to build rapport through close customer management and confident to sell the full scope of supply of the company, which will include face to face customer business meetings and presenting at industry forums
• Ability to adapt to change in the business
• Strong managerial capability
• Operational and logistical focus
• Excellent commercial awareness and understanding
• Exceptional customer service
• Ability to handle high pressure, intense situations and handle them calmly
• Strong knowledge of offshore oil and gas market
• Excellent reporting to the Senior Management
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Leadership and team building qualities and excellent inter personal skills
• Business acumen
• Ability to work under own initiative and adapt to changing situations
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have the ability to speak another language, however this is not essential for the applicant. It would also be advantageous to have experience travelling abroad and expanding a business and forging strong business relationships.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.