- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2414NB
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Base Technician to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
To work as part of a team to produce, service and maintain compressors, steam generators, pumps and any other equipment to a high standard helping to expand the busy offshore hire fleet.
Key Duties (not limited to)
• Preparation of equipment to meet fleet hire commitments.
• Packaging, maintenance and operation of company equipment onshore as required following company service guidelines and procedures.
• Completion of service reports, equipment test/ run sheets and new build handover check sheets as required following company service guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain a professional and courteous approach to colleagues and customers at all times.
• To provide cover in Aberdeen base as and when required.
• Maintain high standards at all times with regards to health and safety
• Ensure that all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevent of pollution
• Ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the company integrated management system
• Identify personal training needs, bring them to the attention of the departmental manager and utilise the training opportunities
• Level, 2,3 NVQ motor vehicle engineering.
• Plant or Heavy vehicle engineering qualification.
• Time served apprenticeship or equivalent.
• Clean UK driving license.
• Qualification within hydraulic/agricultural engineering considered.
• Valid Forklift Certificate.
Experience / Competence
• Experience in motor vehicle or heavy plant maintenance essential. Working to a build schedule to complete contracts on time. Competent in own ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience in a n offshore service company would be an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge
• Good communication skills.
• To complete work to a high standard.
• Knowledge of Air/hydraulic systems would be an advantage
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.