Area Head of Commercial
- Location: Aintree
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2715SO
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Jun 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Area Head of Commercial to join their team based in Aintree.
This role will be to drive the commercial development for all markets within your defined area to develop deliverable and sustainable commercial plans and strategies. Be the lead interface for commercial discussions with Local Stakeholders and identifying growth opportunities.
Design and develop the network proposition in each market to maximise EBIT whilst seeking out network or contract opportunities to sustainably grow our business.
• Own the creation of local market plans, supporting Area MD’s, Regional Head of Commercial and General Managers, ensuring plans are robust and position the business for long term sustainable growth in line with the UK Bus commercial strategies.
• Monitor performance of the business against last year and budget/forecast, instigating growth or mitigating opportunities to ensure successful delivery against targets
• Pursue all commercial growth opportunities, calling on support of commercial and marketing teams as required
• Manage commercial relationship with local stakeholders including authorities
• Seek opportunities for new network development opportunities securing section 106 monies, contracts and other funding where available
• Design and develop the network to maximise profitability, working with the scheduling team to ensure all proposals are robust and implemented as efficiently as possible
• Directly manage a network manager to support delivery of network changes and improvements
• Manage local tender strategy ensuring optimum commercial return for Company; own tender database and inputs for the area
• Undertake general duties as required within area of responsibility as directed by senior management in line with the overall business strategy.
• Health & Safety - As an employee you have a responsibility to co-operate with managers in ensuring that the workplace is safe for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger you or others, either through your actions or lack of action, and never to act in a way that causes either you or the Company to be in breach of the law. You are expected to consider, and take account of, the potential hazards and risks in everything you do whilst you are at work. H&S Responsibilities are published in the Company HS&E Management System.
• Diversity - be an ambassador for Diversity, promote and implement the company’s Diversity Policy at all times and provide regular, timely and informative summaries of diversity information across UK Bus instigating remedial or generative action as appropriate.
• Experience of designing and developing networks, ideally in public transport
• Strong commercial acumen with the ability to consider impact on contribution in all decisions
• Good knowledge of the Company operating areas, depot locations and network areas
• Able to translate complex network solutions into easy-to-understand outcomes and communicate effectively both orally and in writing with confidence to different levels of management including senior managers.
• Logical and lateral thinker, able to solve problems taking into account business needs and regulatory requirements.
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• High proficiency with computing skills / systems (large data sets, advanced excel user, BI tools)
• Network contribution and revenue
• Securing growth opportunities, either within, or in addition to, the core network
• Creation and development of market plans
• Delivering network change to agreed processes
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.