- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2733NB
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 24th Jun 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Applications Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
Upon assignment of product or project-based tasks, the Applications Engineer will design and implement electrical/electronic automation systems including software SCADA and PLC/RTU controller solutions, as required.
In addition, ongoing product development and support involvement are key aspects to the job.
• Ensure a software/hardware solution for a product or project is designed and built to conform to the latest agreed Customer/relevant specifications and standards.
• Ensure the timely delivery of the agreed scope of supply (software/hardware, testing, documentation and services).
• Utilise knowledge and experience to identify deviations from the desired scope of supply and address such issues in a timely manner, as far as is practicable.
• Provide knowledgeable advice and guidance to the client to ensure the highest quality, performance and safety of a supplied solution.
• Ensure a system is well documented to allow future maintenance and modification (as required) and compliance with company QA/QC requirements.
• Development of company product line(s).
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management.
• The majority of the work to be undertaken will be at our Great Yarmouth offices. However, occasions may require site working (commissioning, testing or fault rectification) both in the UK and overseas including offshore environments, where direct liaison with the client is also undertaken on behalf of the company.
• Good level of personal fitness to enable job holder to maintain offshore survival certificate in addition to a valid UK driving license and passport.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Understanding of software development practices including documentation
• Understanding of automation equipment SCADA/PLC/RTU programming/ design
• Understanding of electrical/electronic equipment and application
• Proven track record in an automation design/build related environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and other departments
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to self-motivate and motivate others to achieve a common objective
• Ability to work within time-cost constraints
• Ability to self-teach from various sources
• High level of self-discipline and pride to be reflected in quality of work
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring you CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.