- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2620SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 05th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
Responsible for purchase ledger invoice posting, some sales ledger and general accounting work.
Answering telephone, covering reception and other general office duties as required.
Description of Duties:
• To aid finance team to provide up to date accurate accounts information.
• Responsible for purchase and sales invoice posting on MAM accounts system.
• Process internal sales invoices and journals.
• Prepare EEC sales and intrastat returns.
• Scanning of weekly timesheets and job sheets to company systems.
• Answer phones and cover for reception as a part of team.
• Enter delivery notes on company job costing system.
• Open new accounts on MAM system for both sales and purchase accounts
• Process and review credit account applications.
• Complete month end reconciliations as required.
• Process company credit card receipts.
• Reconcile customer purchase ledger statements to accounts system.
• Chase correct VAT invoices for pro forma payments.
• Bank payments as required.
• Any other general office duties as necessary for the business.
• Comply with the company’s quality, safety, environmental management systems and procedures to ensure all duties are executed in a safe manner minimising harm to the environment, self and others.
• Knowledge of MAM accounting system would be an advantage.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Basic EXCEL skills
• Accuracy and an eye for detail.
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Integrity, honesty
• Knowledge of an accounting software system
• Understanding of double entry accounting.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.