3rd Line Engineer (x2)
- Location: Harrogate
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2558SO
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a 2x 3rd Line Engineers to join their team based in Harrogate.
The main role for this position is to deliver network connectivity projects, in line with industry best practices, to our customers, based on our UK wide national MPLS network and vCloud environment. The role demands a high degree of technical design and understanding of wide area networks, especially MPLS and Internet technologies. This will be a predominantly post-sales customer facing role.
There is also a requirement to work with the core network team to develop and continue to update standard customer solution templates and provide feedback for consideration into future core network architectural changes to keep us ahead of the market.
This will be a customer facing role and will require you to work alongside pre-sales and sales teams providing validation for customer network connectivity solutions.
Duties will include, but are not restricted to the following –
• Technical design of customer network connectivity solutions based on their requirements via sales and pre-sales teams.
• Work with project managers and coordinators to prepare project initiation and system requirements documents for customer sign-off prior to project commencement.
• Take full ownership and a proactive role in project delivery and ensure that project time scales are met.
• Hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Huawei network equipment, especially routers and switches.
• Liaise with customer for any support calls or project meetings as required
• Prepare project hand-over documentation for the support teams and deliver any training if required to ensure the customer solution will be fully supported post project implementation.
• Ensure that all support systems have been updated with technical details of the customer solution and that all the new managed equipment that is part of the solution is added to network monitoring.
• Undertake personal and technical development as agreed with your line manager, either through in-house training, product training and self-study as available
• Document and maintain processes in line with working practices
• Escalate any challenges or issues in a timely manner and in line with company processes
• Liaise with Engineering Manager for effective use of time and any scheduling requirements for workload
• Attend regular team meetings and One to One sessions with your direct line Manager
• Adherence to ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards
• Compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Handling and protection of Company information
• Reporting of security events
• Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results, they will ideally have the following skills, attributes and experience:
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Visio.
• 5-years technical experience in a network project implementation role or similar.
• Cisco Professional Certification, preferably CCNP, CCNP Data Center or Security.
• Advanced knowledge of WAN, MAN and LAN technologies.
• Able to work independently on projects and support issues.
• Full understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack backed up by hands on experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
• Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks
• Good communications and customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and suppliers.
• Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Fortigate firewalls.
• Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco network equipment, especially routers and switches.
• Experience and fluency in PHP scripting.
Desirable (but not essential)
• Working knowledge of Cisco security products.
• Experience working with Juniper and Palo Alto firewall products.
• Experience working with CISCO ACE and Citrix Netscaler products.
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure Customer focus
• Problem Solving
• Inter-personal Competencies Managerial Competencies
• Good communication skills Ability to manage sensitive situations
Hours of Work
The Company’s standard working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 until 5:30pm with one hour for lunch.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.